The staff was thrilled to have such a productive and motivating day. Susan created an environment in which employees took some important risks. I myself learned about how I could interact with them more effectively. Since the retreat, we have made great strides.Mary E. Kitchen, Manager, Dept. of Viticulture and Enology, UC Davis
Managing in an Academic Environment: Skills for Managers and Supervisors
Presentations, half or full day trainings, webinars
Understanding academic structure and culture is key to managing successfully in a college or university. Working with faculty members takes understanding, special approaches and creativity. Empowerment, accountability and team building are keys to success in today’s academic institutions. I provide insights, research results and skills for guiding and supporting people to achieve the best in education, research and organizational effectiveness.
As a participant, you will:
- Understand how managing in an academic environment is different from managing in corporations and non-profit organizations.
- Benefit from research on what the world’s best managers do differently.
- Partner for performance – with employees, faculty members and administrators.
- Motivate and coach employees.
- Manage performance and build productive teams.
Managing in an Academic Environment has been customized for:
- Research universities, Teaching universities, Public and Private universities, Medical School
- Managers in individual academic departments (e.g., Biology, Engineering, Libraries,)