Susan’s Consulting, Retreats and Team Building
Consulting, Coaching, Department Retreats.
Tapping people’s potential and solving people problems takes sensitivity, creativity and advanced skills. Susan tunes in to clients’ needs and the group’s dynamics and then works closely with clients to define and deliver desired outcomes.
- Improving campus climate and faculty-staff relationships
- Improving communication between administrators/managers and employees, faculty and staff, one department and another
- Implementing a staff Shared Services initiative.
- Coaching faculty members, administrators, managers, supervisors, staff members or small groups
Retreat planning and facilitation for departments and groups :
- Understanding academic culture and faculty staff-relationships.
- Creating a positive, can-do team culture.
- Communication and team building.
Susan is an open and enthusiastic facilitator with a keen understanding of techniques necessary to awaken and reinforce communication skills in others. With her assistance, we made real progress. Michael Sheesley, Director, Employee and Labor Relations, UC Davis
…What is remarkable and unexpected is her striking and deft ability to work with individuals and teams experiencing group conflict. She speaks practically to them and stirs hearts and minds in problem solving. Else Tamayo, Manager of Professional Development and Affirmative Action, University of San Francisco
I heartily recommend Susan Christy as a management consultant. She helped me a great deal in building a more productive management team, intervening and resolving conflicts among members, highlighting strengths and weaknesses, and providing supervisory coaching for other staff. Martha Hooven, Director of Administration, Department of Psychiatry/Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, UCSF